Notice of Election 2021
Notice of Election
Combined Authority Mayoral Election for the Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- An Election is to be heldfor the Mayor of the Greater Manchester Combined Authority.
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Combined Authority Returning Officer, The Performance Space, Central Library, Manchester, M60 2LA on any working day after the date of publication of this notice, between the hours of 10am and 4pm but by no later than 4pm on Thursday 8 April 2021.
- Nomination papers may be obtained from the above place, during the times stated above.
- If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 6 May 2021.
- A candidate’s deposit of £5,000 may only be made by the deposit of legal tender, by means of a banker’s draft or by means of Faster Payments / Same Day Bank Payment, at the place and within the time for delivery of nomination papers. No other method of making a deposit is available.
- Applications to be included in the register of electors must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer (see contact details)by 12 midnight on Monday 19 April 2021, if they are to be effective for the election. Applications can be made either directly to the relevant Electoral Registration Officer or online at https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote (opens in new window).
- Applications and notices in respect of postal voting, and those in respect of changes to existing proxy voting arrangements (except insofar as changes may be made on coronavirus grounds), must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021, if they are to be effective for the election.
- New applications to vote by proxy (except those applied for on relevant emergency grounds or coronavirus grounds) must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021, if they are to be effective for the election.
- Applications to vote by proxy on relevant emergency grounds (disability occurring after 5 pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021; grounds relating to the applicant’s occupation, service or employment, where the applicant became aware of those grounds after 5 pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021; or detention under civil powers as a mental health patient) must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Thursday 6 May 2021, if they are to be effective for the election.
- All applications to vote by proxy, or to alter existing proxy arrangements by changing the person who is appointed as a proxy, on coronavirus grounds (including where a person is self-isolating due to having coronavirus or being at risk of having it, where a person is shielding, or where a person who has already been appointed as an applicant’s proxy is similarly affected by coronavirus) must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5:00 pm on Thursday 6 May 2021, if they are to be effective for the election.
- Any candidate wishing to have their election address included in the election booklet will need to have submitted their election address to the Combined Authority Returning Officer by no later than 4pm on Thursday 8 April 2021. Candidates will need to pay a contribution towards the cost of printing the booklet which has been set at £5,000. This must be paid by the deadline for delivery of nominations.